Colleen Margarita Kirk
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics (1999) Northwestern University; Evanston, IL
- M.S. in Mathematics (1995) Southern Illinois University; Carbondale, IL
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (1994) Stanford University; Stanford, CA
Current and Past Courses Taught
- Applied Analysis I: Math 520
- Methods in Applied Mathematics II: Math 502
- Methods in Applied Mathematics I: Math 501
- Senior Seminar: Math 459
- Partial Differential Equations: Math 418
- Seminar in Applied Mathematics: Math 400
- Numerical Optimization: Math 453
- Numerical Analysis II: Math 452 (previously Math 433)
- Numerical Analysis I: Math 451 (previously Math 333)
- Topics in Engineering Mathematics: Math 317
- Linear Analysis II: Math 344
- Linear Analysis I: Math 244
- Calculus IV: Math 241
- Calculus III: Math 143
- Calculus II: Math 142
- Calculus I: Math 141
List of Publications
- C.M. Kirk and W.E. Olmstead, “Thermal Blow-up in a Finite Strip with Superdiffusive Properties”, Fract Calc Appl Anal, 21 (2018).
- C.M. Kirk and W.E. Olmstead, “Local and Nonlocal Boundary Quenching in a Subdiffusive Medium”, Dynamic Systems and Applications, 25 (2016).
- C.M. Kirk and W.E. Olmstead, “Thermal Blow-up in a Subdiffusive Medium Due to a Nonlinear Boundary Flux”, Fract Calc Appl Anal, vol. 17, No 1 (2014).
- A. Kadem, M. Kirane, C. M. Kirk, and W. E. Olmstead, “Blowing-up solutions to systems of fractional differential and integral equations with exponential non-linearities”, IMA J Appl Math, (2013).
- C.M. Kirk, W.E. Olmstead, and C.A. Roberts, “A System of Nonlinear Volterra Equations with Blow-up Solutions”, J. Integral Equations Applications, vol. 25, No 3 (2013).
- C. M. Kirk and W. E. Olmstead, “Superdiffusive Blow-up with Advection”, Int. Journal of Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations, vol. 4 (2012).
- W. E. Olmstead, C. M. Kirk, and C. A. Roberts, “Blow-up in a Subdiffusive Medium with Advection”, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, vol. 28 (2010).
- C. M. Kirk, “Numerical and Asymptotic Analysis of a Localized Heat Source Undergoing Periodic Motion”, Nonlinear Analysis Series A: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71 (2009).
- C. M. Kirk, “A Localized Heat Source Undergoing Periodic Motion: Analysis of Blow-up and a Numerical Solution”, Cubo, a Mathematical Journal, vol.11 (2009).
- C. M. Kirk and W. E. Olmstead, “Blow-up Solutions of the Two-Dimensional Heat Equation Due to a Localized Moving Source”, Journal of Analysis and Applications, vol. 3 (2005).
- C. M. Kirk and C. A. Roberts, “A Review of Quenching Results in the Context of Nonlinear Volterra Integral Equations”, Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, vol. 10 (2003).
- C. M. Kirk and W. E. Olmstead, “Blow-up in a Reactive-Diffusive Medium with a Moving Heat Source”, J. Appl. Math. Phys. (ZAMP), vol. 53 (2002).
- C. M. Kirk and C. A. Roberts, “A Quenching Problem for the Heat Equation”, Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, vol. 14 (2002).
- C. M. Kirk and W. E. Olmstead, “Influence of Two Moving Heat Sources on Blow-up in a Reactive-diffusive Medium”, J. Appl. Math. Phys. (ZAMP) , vol. 51 (2000).
- T. A. Burton and C. M. Kirk, “A Fixed Point Theorem of Krasnoselskii-Schaefer Type”,Mathematische Nachrichten, vol.189 (1998).